|Hi Parents (and students, who I have finally added!)
- * Winter Break begins this Wenesday 12/21 & ends 1/2.
- * We will have our Serafina and the Black Cloak masquerade ball tomorrow (Tuesday) during ELA classes, starting at 10. Students should dress up! Donations of snacks and drinks are still being accepted by Ms. Higgins.
- * Please see the attached note regarding supplies. Students need a refill about this time of year!
- * Also make sure your child is bringing a CHARGED laptop each day to school!
- * Locker clean out tomorrow!
- * Thanks to everyone who participated in the Duke Energy Challenge. We met our goal and our school garden has extra funds now!
A note from Mrs. Garland 8th grade counselor:
Students in Eastern North Carolina were impacted severely by flooding caused by Hurricane Matthew. As a means of supporting the on-going relief efforts, students and staff at ACRMS are launching a used book drive. Books will be delivered to middle schools in Edgecombe County and distributed to students whose homes were destroyed during the flooding. As your students purchase new books during the Book Fair, please consider donating used books in the effort to support students affected by Hurricane Matthew. Please contact Mrs. Garland in the Counseling Office for details.
In ELA this week, we wrapped up Serafina and the Black Cloak. Students took the final assessment Friday. We will be having a masquerade ball on Tuesday, students should dress fancy. Donations of snack/drinks are greatly appreciated.
In Science we finished up our waves assessment. The students have a copy of the quiz and if you sign the quiz they can receive 5 bonus points on their quiz. Please look over these quizzes with your child, this is a great way to see what they are learning in class. We will continue with sound and light when we return from winter break. Thanks to Mrs. Palomi and Mrs. Edwards for their donations of hot cocoa this week.
Students pretended to travel to Agra, India the home of the Taj Mahal today and completed a breakout box activity to learn more about modern India and Hinduism. What a fun way to wrap up this lesson! We will study Buddhism after the break.
We finished up our unit rate test on Monday. We will be starting percentages when we come back from Christmas Break!
Have a safe, warm, and wonderful holiday!
Endeavour Team Teachers